Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference "Pasadena Project Manager" in the subject line.
Location: Pasadena, CA
Type of Position: Full Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited 4-year university
Experience Requirement: Professional Engineer License (PE) with 5 years of experience in Project Management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in determining project schedule and budget requirements.
- Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments
- Designs a complete project, system, component, or process.
- Designs and conducts experiments and analyzes and interprets data.
- Develops standards and guidelines.
- Edits Specifications.
- Formulates and solves problems.
- Importing design drawings.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques and procedures while using judgment when making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Initiates and maintains extensive contacts with key engineers and officials of other organizations and companies, requiring skill in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues.
- Interacts with clients, customers, officials, contractors, and others.
- Investigating the building code for applicability to proposed project designs, advanced CAD skills including modeling in Revit.
- Leads organization in a broad area of specialization or in a narrow but intensely specialized field.
- Modeling structures in RISA.
- Oversees a team of engineers on design and acts as Engineer of Record on work supervised.
- Performs work involving conventional plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are few precedents.
- Plan review prior to submittal to the building department, stamping and signing of drawings and overseeing project engineers on construction administration efforts.
- Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Prepares complete project documents.
- Providing structural details.
- Responsible for job profitability of work performed.
- Running calculations.
- Works with and supervises calculations performed by a more junior engineer.
- Writing proposals.
Skills/Knowledge and Abilities
- Individuals at this level demonstrate a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented engineering complexities, determining program objectives and requirements, organizing programs and projects, and developing standards and guidelines for diverse engineering activities.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Able to talk with others to convey information effectively.
- Applies a thorough knowledge of current principles and practices of engineering as related to the variety of aspects affecting his or her organization.
- Applies knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- The ability to see details at very close range.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approached to problems.
- Assigns tasks to and coordinates work with entry-level engineers, technicians, or administrative staff.
- Assists with proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs.
- May be assigned by engineers or technicians and be responsible for single phase of a project.
- Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of the engineering work.
- Prepares scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
- Recommends facilities, personnel, and funds required to carry out programs.
- Supervises several organizational segments or teams.